Adrienne Clark Whitworth

Hi, I'm Adrienne. I'm going to quickly introduce myself so that you can get to know me as you follow my journey as an Arts Bridge teacher.

I was born and raised in Salem, Utah. I am the youngest is of 8 children and I love being with my family. Soccer was one of the main activities that we shared as a family. Every child started playing very young and continued playing through high school. I did not want to break that chain, so I too played soccer.

When I was 8 years old my best friend Kandalyn was always going off to dance class and I got very interested in this. With a lot of pushing from me, my mom signed me up for dance class the following year so that I could be with Kandalyn. Jazz, Tap, and Ballet class was soon one of my favorite times of the week. I continued dancing Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Tap, and Modern at Lifehouse Performing Arts Academy for 9 years, until I graduated high school.



While dancing I somehow managed to keep soccer a big part of my life. I played competitively and also all throughout high school. I was a starting varsity player my freshman year and went on to become one of the team captains. It was a family tradition that I wasn't going to break.

After high school I attended my first year at Brigham Young University. I enjoyed taking various dance classes and also being a freshman. I realized that dance is something I did not want to live without, so I auditioned to become a Dance Education Major and I was accepted. I also always made time to play intramural soccer on the side.

In the Fall of 2013 I left to serve and LDS full time mission in Chile, Santiago North. This experience changed my life in more ways than I can count. But more than anything it brought me to know that Jesus Christ is my Savior!

After returning from my mission I immediately continued dancing and going to BYU. After auditioning multiple times I made the BYU Ballroom Dance Company. It was such a fun experience. I also auditioned and choreographed for BYU DancEnsemble a contemporary company. I currently am dancing with BYU DancEnsemble as well as a tap company called Foot Poetry.


After returning home I also found myself dating one of my friends from freshman year, Tanner Whitworth. We dated for 9 months, got engaged, then we were married on November 11, 2016. He is my best friend and my greatest inspiration. He plays soccer for the BYU soccer team and I thoroughly enjoy watching and cheering him on.

I am studying Dance Education and hope to become a high school dance teacher. My long-term goal is to become a choreographer for multiple companies, or maybe even my own company. I also want to be a mom and raise a family with my husband Tanner. Life has been good to me and I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all of the opportunities that He has allowed me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Work

Mentor Visits